Philosophy in Practice (Level: Intermediate)
Knowing philosophy is one thing, but applying it is a whole different ball game.
Who this is for:
For those who have been actively reading up on philosophy for more than five years but are having trouble putting it into practice. You already know how you ‘ought’ to think and react to situations but you still think and act in the same ways as you always did.
You may only apply if you have already read and digested the following books:
- Discourses and Fragments by Epictetus (Arrian)
- Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
- Memorabilia by Xenophon
- The Symposium by Xenophon
- Lectures and Sayings by Musonius Rufus
What you will learn:
- Greater Knowledge of the Stoic as well as other Philosophies.
- Knowledge about the Self, the Mind, and Psychology / Gain an understanding of what makes you tick.
- The skillset required for practical application of everything you have learned.
- Making use of reason and analysis to indentify your core issues.
- How to work with your thoughts and emotions to resolve the core issues that are preventing you from making progress.
- How to be internally-driven by means of internals rather than externally-driven by societal influences/externals.
- How to get in touch with reality and become sober (if not so already).
How it works:
- After your payment goes through, you will be redirected to a page with further details.
- I will primarily act as a mentor and a guide and always point you in the right direction; you will be the one doing most of the work.
- You shall join this program only if you are mentally prepared to have your existing belief-system strongly challenged. Wrong philosophical foundations must be torn down before the right ones can be built.
- We will primarily interact over email for it is most conductive to deep contemplation.
- Learning is best done through practical, hands-on application of philosophy. You must be comfortable with sharing openly and honestly your current position in life and the problems that you face. Your privacy is a sacred right and will be respected.
- Unconditional honesty is one of the most important Stoic Virtues. I will not lie to you or sugar-coat any cricisims that I have for you. It is most likely that you are going to get a thorough scolding from me, for you have taken steps in life that have put you in a disdvantageous position. But I shall also provide you a path out of your situation as well, so be hopeful, emotionaly prepared, and take things in good humour with a pinch of salt.
- This programme involves extensive writing work.
- Be ready for changes in your diet, lifestyle, and exercise routine.
Training Regimen: At least one session/email every week, with additional homework.
Pricing: $35 USD | One time fee.
Return to Homepage
Use coupon code VIRTUOUSVINCENT for 50% off until 31st January. Limited to a total of 25 seats only, sitewide.